- Friday 6/29 anytime between 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday 7/5 at 4 or 4:30pm and 7:30pm
- Friday 7/6 3:30 or later
Releasing Trauma from the Body with Kundalini Yoga
Saturdays 9:30 – 11am
Starts Feb 14, 2015 - 8 sessions weekly with some breaks*
With DukhNiwaran Kaur Khalsa (Patty Sugrue)
Radiance Yoga & Wellness: Rogers Park
1531 W. Fargo #2 Chicago, IL 60626
Start where you are – no experience needed.
This series of classes is an evidence based curriculum to help people recover from trauma – specifically PTSD. It serves to restore us to our original self – the sacred soul that is our own truth.
In our lives, we all experience some traumas – large and small. Our body records these traumas and holds them to protect us and prevent events like this from happening again. Our resilience, our strength, created these tools, and kept us safe and strong. We honor these tools – we grew, changed, flourished and got to where we are now with their help. And now they don’t seem to be working anymore. The tools that protected us no longer serve who we are becoming. Kundalini Yoga can help us continue to flourish in the light of who we are now and who we are becoming – strong, radiant, healthy and whole.
Kundalini Yoga is perfectly suited to facilitate the release of the stuck patterns the trauma has set in the body, mind and spirit. Using breath, rhythm, movement, sound and meditation it activates the subtlety of your own inner resources, awakening us to the wholeness of who we are. It uses the gifts of all your life experiences to facilitate your continued growth in consciousness.
Join us for this 8 session yoga series to address the patterns of trauma in your life.
What to expect:
· These classes include breath, yoga, movement, meditation and chanting.
· There will be some time for optional supportive sharing.
· These classes are not a substitute for therapeutic interventions for trauma nor are they built to induce a cathartic or dramatic release of emotions.
· Kundalini Yoga is a safe and stable practice that awakens self-awareness at a pace that matches your own resilience. It gives the vitality and capacity to handle the transformation it brings into your life.
· Please consider bringing someone to the classes with you - someone who is a support person to you in your life. They need no prior experience with yoga. It is helpful for you and for them as you go through these challenging times. There will be practices to do at home between classes – together you can support each other in practicing the tools we learn.
· A little goes a long way – listen to your body and go at your own pace
· This course is open to people of all genders.
Sliding scale $80-$160 for 8 sessions.
· Pay what you feel is right for you. If this cost is prohibitive, please contact me to make other arrangements. No student will be turned away because of cost. Cash, checks or credit cards accepted.
· Please register for the entire course. This will create a safe and stable environment for all. If you are unable to pay for the entire course at once, please contact me to create a payment plan.
How to register: I would like to talk with each of you before you register to be sure the class is appropriate for where you are in your healing process. Please contact me to set up a time. Reply to this email or call 773.989.7562
*Class dates: Feb 14, 21, 28. Mar 7 & 21. April 4, 11, 18. (Off March 14 and 28)
1531 w. fargo ave. 2nd floor
facebook: radiance yoga + wellness
90 min massage/bodywork - $150
house calls available - please contact us for details.
Schedule - Locations
therapeutic bodywork and private yoga
hours by appointment: mon-fri daytimes and evenings
look for upcoming classes and workshops. schedule your private yoga classes now.